Archive for June, 2006
I’ve been sitting here staring at my WordPress screen, trying to figure out what the heck I want to say.Â And all I can come up with is…
… I went bowling at Lucky Strikes on Sunday, came inÂ dead last both games, and LOVED it.
… Right now I’m watching Friends, and I LOVE it.
Apparently my writing skills aren’t so hot right now.Â So… I guess this is just an update on my life?Â I’m sure you’re thrilled.
I’ve been swamped lately, tooling around online like it’s my freakin’ job.Â Obviously I haven’t been blogging, and have only briefly been on MySpace and Friendster.Â So what have I been doing?Â Well my friends, you’ll be glad to know… Fantasy Football Season has started!Â
Last year, our all girls fantasy football league had only 6 teams – that’s all the people we could find that were interested.Â This year?Â We’ve grown to 16 so far (a whole conference!), and there are still MORE girls that are interested.Â It’s CRAZY!Â So, I’ve spent the last few days going on posting runs, updating my avatar (that’s cartoon me!), emailing league members, and changing setttings to accomodate more people.
IT’S AWESOME, BABY!
Sometimes when I go out, my brain goes on vacation.Â This was clearly evident last night, when I harassed 7 other people, including the lovelyÂ Alexis, Alison, and Lizzie,Â into going to Hong Kong’s and inhaling numerous scorpion bowls.Â To you lucky 7 – thanks for putting up with my mission to get drunk last night!Â I swear – I didn’t mean to force you all to endure the cheesiness of Hong Kong.Â Or keep ordering more bowls and shoving straws in your mouths.Â Or licking everyone.Â Â And I really do apologize for making you all put up with my horrifying singing voice as I wailed Disney songs on the walk back to Beacon Hill.Â But I can’t bring myself to regret anything – last night was hilarious.Â
One Note to Self: remember that scorpion bowls result in a ridiculous headache the next day.
In related news, I discovered last night that I send ridiculous drunken texts that are totally uncalled for.Â Sorry to anyone that received a wrathful text last night.Â I plead temporary insanity.
Tuesday was my birthday; to celebrate, the BF and I took Monday and Tuesday off work so we could have a long weekend.Â Nothing says happy birthday like not having to work, after all.Â Overall, the weekend was great – Lake Champlain, Vermont Cheddar, and Six Flags New England – with one minor exception.
My dad pulled a Sixteen Candles and forgot my birthhday!Â FORGOT!Â I’m at a lossÂ - I thought crap like this only happened to Molly Ringwald.Â I had to call HIM yesterday to remind him.Â
I know that sh*t happens, and that people aren’t perfect.Â I’ve spaced out about friend’s birthdays before, and once I forgot to wish my mom happy birthday until about 2 hours after I woke up.Â Sometimes things slip through the cracks.Â And I know he feels really bad about it now…but he’s my DAD.Â Shouldn’t he remember my freakin’ birthday?Â He was there!Â Shouldn’t my birthday be something that’s at the top of his mind?
I’m totally buggin’, yo.
I am a fool.Â But that’s why everyone likes me, I think.
I went on my monthly pilgrimage to New York this past weekend, hoping to attend Alexis‘ summer jam.Â Sadly, she had to cancel it; however, the weekend still ended up being completely and totally ridiculous.Â I got even less sleep than usual (only 5 hours each night!), I ate more than usual, I drank more than usual, and I laughed so much that I think it counts as an ab workout.
My thoughts on the weekend?
* Lava Gina?Â Please.Â Nice way to cover up the fact that the bar was just a big vagina.Â It was red.Â It was moist.Â It had Vs all over the place.Â And while I only sort of liked the bar, I loved laughing about the name.Â
* Bringing southern girls like Lizzie and Cori to NY brings out the drinker in me.Â Apparently, I feel the need to party more than usual so that I can prove how much fun I have.Â I need to chill.
* I have entirely too many friends that could be professional prank callers.Â Ali, Bob, and Cori had me falling over laughing way too many times to count.
* I scream at people when I’m drunk.Â Loudly.Â This is annoying, and I must stop.
* Wandering around SoHo when you have no intention of spending money is a bad idea.
* The red velvet cupcakes at Sugar Sweet Sunshine do NOT have the good frosting. Moose?Â I like buttercream!
* I stick my tongue out at cameras every other picture when I’m drunk.Â This is kind of gross – I apologize to everyone who is forced to look at them.
* Spying on people making out never gets old.Â And, when you haveÂ ApplePop and Ali to yell obscenities at them, it can be even MORE fun than it was when you were 12.
* Even New York has bad pizza.Â But when it’s 6 am, you don’t care.
So.Â That’s all I have to say about that.Â I wonder what next month’s trip will hold?
You are currently browsing the Always Anna blog archives for June, 2006.